Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Living up to your commitments

Went out for drinks last night with a couple of friends from work. Wasn't going to be a late night or anything, particularly because we'd gone out the night before as well...

Difference is, last night was a workout night. I work downtown and live on the northern edge of the 'burbs, an easy commute by train, however I didn't have anymore trains by the time I left. That was it, bus bound for home and then a short stroll to the house.

I got in and pulled off my jacket and the last thing I wanted to do was face the damn workout my trainer gave me. Ah well, commitments are commitments so I went ahead and did it anyway.

You know what? It wasn't that bad (I mean in comparison to my expectations), it was still a workout, but better than I feared.

Lesson learned! Its worse in my mind than it is on my body....Not a huge stretch for most of you, but for me it was a bit of a revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment