Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

Stumbling blocks

Another week, another post.

I've been stressed. There's a lot going on, not all of it work related, and its starting to get to me. Its not unusual, and I know I'm not alone in feeling this way, but its something that I don't generally have to deal with.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of stress in my job, but I've always considered myself a stress monkey, kind of got off on the rush. Now though I'm forced to confront another possible interpretation of things, that maybe in the most cliched of manners I've actually been one of those people who swallow their stress (along with huge quantities of food...)

I don't know for sure, but it certainly seems like since I started watching, and restricting, what I eat that my stress level has begun to climb. There are other factors of course, things I'm not about to write about here, but there definitely seems to be some correlation.

Outcome of all this? Beer. I've not done anywhere near as well in curtailing the pints after work as I have in other areas. Not to suggest I'm drinking more (though at this time of year that happens anyway), just that not only have I not really addressed it the way I've gone after everything else, but I'm really not feeling a huge urge to do so.

I guess that makes this my big challenge. Eating better has turned out to be easier than I expected, increasing my physical activity level sucks but its still doable, particularly when I factor in how much better I feel, but beer...I'm just not there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment