Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

2.5 pounds closer

Well, I weighed in on Tuesday.  Not too bad, 2.5lbs down and that little bit closer to reaching my goal, though I am still not sure what that is.  I've been overweight for so long now I don't really have anything to act as a comparison.  I think I definitely belong in Onederland (for those who don't read weight loss blogs this refers to inside the 200lb mark, and I was really amused by it), but having not visited there in many, many years I don't know if that's true.

Anyway, the weight is pretty irrelevant, I'm much more interested in the fitness and activity goals.  Can I get to the point where I can run (not run/walk) 5Km?  Can I do a sprint triathalon?  Can I sit comfortably in economy class seats on a plane? OK, the last one's pretty unlikely, as far as I know no one does, so let's modify that to say can I sit as uncomfortably as the majority of people do?

Still, the weight's nice, it acts like a scoreboard, and a motivator, and someday (fairly soon I hope) I will be in a position to say "there's the weight I need to get to".  But in the meantime, I'll keep setting interim goals and enjoying the little victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment