Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

1 day late

I said on Monday I was weighing in on Tuesday, but things kind of got in the way, so I didn't go until today.  That's fine, I still didn't step on the scales at home so I was going in a little blind, and a little wary of what I would see.

Huh, who knew?  I'm down another 6.8 pounds!  Not half bad if I do say so myself (which, obviously, I just did).  As I said, I'm definitely back on the bandwagon, and would like to believe that this is a reflection of that, but regardless, its motivating, as was yesterday's workout.

I'm actually beginning to be able to run.  OK, more like a jog, but for someone who, six months ago, thought that a two block walk was exercise that's pretty good.  Swimming seems to be improving too.  I think that more than weight loss these little indicators that my fitness level's improving are really big motivators.

Really noticing the difference in my clothes too.  I'm beginning to see that this undertaking could become quite expensive, though there's money I'm happy to spend.  Last few days I've been going through closets etc cleaning out things I no longer wear and was surprised to find myself having to clean out things I couldn't wear anymore even if I wanted to!

Should be an interesting couple of months, I have a pair of goals in mind for the May and July long weekends (and no, I'm not announcing them), suffice though to say they are a little ambitious and succeeding in them will make me a VERY happy camper!

In the meantime I'll keep plugging away and keep off the scale at home (actually, I'm following a suggestion from a good friend and packing the damn thing away).

No comments:

Post a Comment