Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Finding exercise where you can

A busy weekend selling my home, and not a lot of opportunity to work out.  Not even sure how to get to my bike now that its "neatly" stashed in the back of the garage.  Still, I've discovered you can find opportunities in day to day life to get some exercise in.  Case in point, pushing a car that won't start up and incline...

Yup, digging in and pushing a damn car up a slight hill for 100m or so definitely falls into the category of resistance training, as does lifting and moving urns full of rocks and flowers in and out of the house twice a day (still a little too cold to leave them out overnight).  Walking through the neighbourhood killing time during open houses and appointments also provides ample opportunity for a little cardio, though I wish I could've thrown on my runnning shoes and shorts and done a walk/run :)

I'm not going to be able to weigh in until Thursday, which kind of sucks, but may also be a good thing since I can't cook in my kitchen so life has been about restaurant food for the past few days.  Amazing how little there really is on a restaurant menu that is truly a healthy choice.  Can't wait to get back to cooking my own meals, already sick of the eating out thing!

Anyway, just a short note, I'll update further after my weigh in, hopefully with lots of good news and a little less me.

No comments:

Post a Comment