Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

One week later

Well, a week since my last post, and I just got weighed in yesterday. Its official, I have lost 28lbs since this started. Now don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about this, I can already feel the difference while moving and bending and its a great start for my June goals. That being said, before the last post I was basically in the exact same place as I am right now. My eating has been going well, the gym has rocked, I'm keeping to my workout and swim schedule (though there's some tweaking required) so everything should be shiny. Not so much...you see, I've been out drinking too often over the last couple of weeks.

Don't get me wrong, going out with my friends for drinks is vital to my well being, it de-stresses me, I love their company, its fun and relaxing. No, going out isn't the problem, drinking too much while I'm out is.

So, and those who know me are laughing right now, the word of the day is MODERATION. There's no good reason why going out for a drink after work (or on Sunday for a football game...) needs to include double digit drink counts.

I am going out tonight, milestone birthday for one of my friends, and I'm going to test this theory. I got up at 5:45AM today to go for my morning swim, does it really make sense to piss away (pun intended) that effort just to have a couple of extra beers? I'm saying no, but time will tell I suppose...

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment