Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Throwing down the gauntlet


I'm leaving on vacation on Saturday...Can I say that one more time just cause I love the way it sounds? I'm leaving on vacation on Saturday. My wife and I are heading to Florida to start a week long Eastern Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great thing. It breaks the back of winter, gives me time to de-stress and forget about work for a while and maybe even convert my skin tone from its current pasty white to a somewhat less pasty off white.

There's a problem however. RC is known for the quality (and quantity) of food on board its cruise liners. Add in freely flowing cocktails in the sun and most people claim you can expect to gain 1lb a day on the cruise!

So here's where the gauntlet hits the ground. I will not! In fact, my challenge to myself is to return weighing less than I do right now. I know that the ship has a full gym and multiple swimming pools, and that the ground excursions offer plenty of opportunity to get out and walk or swim so maintaining an excercise plan should not be an issue. That just leaves the food, the glorious meals awaiting me. I can do this, there's no reason to believe that there won't be absolutely fantastic dishes that are also lower calorie/fat options.

I'm going to make sensible choices and stick to my goals, and my next entry will be the blogging version of the "I am so great" dance of victory. Anyway, I'll update you either way.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy! And, I know you can do it.
    Or ... say screw it and have a gimlet for me :)

    ReplyDelete