Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

OK, I said I wouldn't talk about it...

But who am I to deny myself a little victory dance?  I hit a milestone today...50lbs, I broke the 50lb weightloss line.  I said to a friend that it wasn't really a big thing, in the overall perspective of where I want to go it kind of seems like an artificial milestone, but she quickly shot that down.

And she was right.  Sure, from one view any milestone is artificial, but the truth is this is something to be proud of.  I've put the time and effort in, and should not be trying to downplay the success I've had so far (yay me!).  Honestly, I'm inordinately proud of this, and as much as I say this is about fitness and lifestyle, not the scale, it really is motivational!  Way I'm feeling right now, if I had my gear I'd probably go for a run :)

In other news, I finally bought my bike.  Got myself a Gary Fisher hybrid (pics to follow) after much debate and was absolutely pumped to take it out for a ride, which I did.  Unfortunately, the chain did not agree with my enthusiasm and promptly commited seppuku, leaving me with a handful of chain grease and a fairly long walk home pushing the brand new (and very good looking) bike.

In an attempt to maintain my excitement regarding riding, and to deny the sneaky, nasty voice in my head that says that I'm too heavy for it, I'm going to stick with the statement that this was a manufacturing or assembly defect and just go with that!

As you can no doubt tell, I'm feeling pretty upbeat and motivated right now, and so will leave you with

this thought...

The question should never be "can I?" since of course you can, but rather "am I willing to do what's required?"

No comments:

Post a Comment