Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Preemptive whining

Honestly, I've been doing pretty well with getting up and going to the gym or swimming, I love the way it feels to start my day this way and I'm getting better at actually getting up and going.  Apparently if you just throw the sheets off and get out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off you suffer less than lying there trying to work up the energy.

All of this adds up to me actually getting pretty good with the morning workout schedule.  Of course nothing happens without its challenges, and I see a big one coming on Sunday!  Daylight Savings Time returns, and with it, the attendant loss of an hour's sleep.  Every year when this day rolls around getting up in the morning sucks for the next week or so.  It was bad enough before, but now that I'm bouncing (OK, slowly dragging myself) out of bed at what feels like a truly ungodly hour I think its really going to bite.

I don't know this for a fact, hence the title for this posting.  I figure I'll get in some preemptive whining before actually finding out how bad its really going to be :)

Fact is, I'm going to get up and go anyway.  When I first started this schedule it was miserable, and only the fact that I know someone who goes even earlier than me made me persist, so I know I can do it.  Basically, in case you hadn't noticed, this posting is just me bitching about losing an hour's sleep, nothing to do with weight loss or working out or anything else.  Just me complaining because I'm finally getting used to the schedule and now its going to suck again!!

OK, enough about that.  I'll revisit this next week if it turns out to not be so bad, but if its truly heinous I'll suck it up and not mention it (except maybe on Twitter) since I think I've gotten it out of my system in advance.

As a side note, we're putting our house up on the market, so there's lots of painting, patching, decluttering etc going on at home.  Its funny, the more we declutter and paint, the more I love the house!  I'm starting to worry by the time we finish up (hopefully the end of next week) I won't want to sell.  One real positive from the workout perspective, moving boxes and packing up books definitely counts as weightlifting and stretching excercises.  I figure by the end of the weekend I'll have done at least an extra 150 squats and a couple of hundred high weight reps!  Always look on the bright side....

Looking forward to a great weekend, though the weather's supposedly not good.  Hoping to get a lot done, get to the gym both days and still get the house sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment