Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

Trying not to be a lazy blogger

OK, I'm not going to pull this card out again, but I'm pretty new to this blogging thing so I haven't been as diligent as I could've been about keeping it up to date.  Some of the things I've read suggest that to blog properly you need to do it every day.

I'm not about to do that!  I don't say I never will, but at this time it just seems excessive for what I want to say.  I'm double posting today since I left my previous post in draft for over a week...First a quick update.  I weighed in last week, and after the 10lb drop the previous week I was ready to take a bit of a hit without feeling any disappointment.

Well, I wasn't disappointed...I actually lost another 2.5lbs.  Gotta say, a little surprised, and very happy!  Things are going well, and I have a milestone coming up.  I'm not going to talk about it because this is not what this project is about.  I'm not racing to lose weight, not planning to let the scale define how successful I am.

As big as I am, it took time to get here, and I'm unconcerned about how long it'll take to get back (if back is actually an appropriate description for someone who's been obese for as long as I have).  Whenever I get to a point where I feel like I'm at a healthy weight and fitness level, I'll move onto maintaining it.  Since the big goal is to maintain there's really no rush.  This is the rest of my life, which hopefully is getting longer by the pound!

Anyway, the past week was not so good.  I sucked at going to the gym, ate pretty poorly a couple of times and basically behaved like the Mike of old.  Funny, previous times I would've found excuses and somehow it would've led to me slacking off on the whole program, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm kind of shrugging my shoulders, saying "this is going to happen sometimes", and getting back into the swing of things.  The try-a-tri defintely helps, I know I still have to race in June, but more than that I am really gaining something from this whole thing.  A sense of personal accomplishment, a feeling that I'm addressing the one area in my life I've consistently failed at, and that's a pretty powerful feeling.

1 comment:

  1. You know what Julie said about blogging. Just WRITE.
    I could give you some sort of inspirational quote, but the truth is, I think that when you're going on some sort of journey, if you never take a break and just relax a bit you won't sustain it.
    Besides ...
    You have to drink with me :)
    (and there are no more $3.95 beers, so you have to get a Vodka Soda)

    ReplyDelete